Leave it to the local blogosphere to force me out of my blogging hiatus. The typists at thinkingthings and The Lost Chord have tagged me for the "eight things you don't know about me" meme. Some of my readers know me pretty well, others not. Either way, here goes nothing...
1. I attended kindergarten and first grade while we lived in the Philippines. I still have lots of family there and my parents just built a house there for some of our family with space for my parents to stay when they visit.
2. I'm a closet Star Trek (The Next Generation) fan. I knew/know so much useless info about the Star Trek universe that I once held the nickname of "Trek." Battlestar Galactica currently holds my sci-fi fancy, however.
3. Before decided to study computers I considered art as a career. I had lots of neat drawings of mine until recently when our basement flooded. Like photography, my art has always been a mechanical reproduction of what I see, rarely something created in my minds eye.
4. I hate bugs. I prefer to flush them to their deaths rather than feeling the squish.
5. The only thing I'm consistently good at is being inconsistent.
6. I was a 1996 Ernest Hemingway Writing Award finalist for News Writing.
7. In college I spent a week at the Walt Disney World resort, paid for by your tax dollars.
8. I nearly drowned as a toddler. My dad had to jump into a pool and save me. To this day I still have a fear of water and consider myself a poor swimmer.
And now to share the honors. I've been so out of the blogging routine lately that it seems like everyone has already been tagged. However, it appears that Meghann and Hal are left!
Technorati tags: Springfield MO