duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, March 27, 2006

So long, Crazy Stick Lady

It's time for us to say good bye to Crazy Stick Lady and the rest of the city. All previously mentioned puzzle pieces have fallen into place.

In her usual style she glared at us as she passed by. I was only able to snap some shots of her as she already passed our property. She had a couple more over the shoulder glances before she was out of sight, until the next evening...

It's a bittersweet moment. Sweet in that it's the realization of a dream, living on a farm. Sad in that we'll have to say goodbye to a middle-aged, stick-wielding, dog-hating psychopath that is the Crazy Stick Lady.

Technorati tags:


8 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Duane,

If you think you are going to miss her that much... Tell us where you are moving to and we'll re-inact her appearances at the new locale. We might even bring TP, plastic forks, and pink flamingos!

Just a thought.....

12:44 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

Thanks, I'll pass on the offer though! :)

6:49 PM  
Blogger M.Brothers said...

Duane, Jennifer and canines:

Congrats on getting the new place. I grew up in the country and a big part of me would love to once again live at the far end of a long gravel road. My wife and I rent now and we're downtown, which is also great in its own way.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Rev.Vapor said...

That's great! Congratulations. I think I owe you some moving help. Let me know.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

Thanks everyone! Now I will take up offers to help move! :)

6:14 AM  
Blogger DocLarry said...

Hmmm, this photo reminds me of that famous film of Bigfoot from the early 70s. Are you sure Crazy Stick Lady isn't just a hoax?

Regarding the assistance in your move, my wife tells me I'm the best sidewalk supervisor she's ever known when it comes to moving households.

7:06 PM  
Blogger John Stone said...

NOT Bigfoot ... Bigstick!!! The long lost 42d cousin thrice removed from Teddy Roosevelt.

I am personally going to miss the stories ... but the move will make the boys very happy, and the parents very greyhaired.

Do kids still smoke grapevines?

12:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Keys said...

The only kids around our house are the furry kind, Thank goodness!

But yes, the puppies will be very happy!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home