duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, March 10, 2006

I just won bidding on a new digital camera on ebay. It's a Canon 10D Digital SLR. The auction I won includes two lenses and a camera bag (along with the usual mess of cables and battery charger). I'm looking forward to using it, and use it I better for the amount of money I just spent. Admittedly it's another toy for a big boy, but I fancy I can make some extra money making photographs (not just taking pictures, that's easy).

I signed Jennifer up for a portrait photography class we heard about via the SW MO Camera Club, but some how we got our schedules mixed up and I ended up in the class instead. The first class was very informative, I'm looking forward to learning more from the teacher, Vicki Saewert. After introductions and some chit chat in the class we got down to business and started learning to "really see" people, both their good qualities and their flaws and we've begun learning how to enhance the good and hide the flaws... To show the true beauty in each person as Vicki puts it.

Funny thing about taking a class from Vicki is we both started in Jim Wilder's photography class about 4 years ago. But she's since quit her day job and going full boar at the photography, successfully I might add.

Technorati tags: ,


3 Comments:

Anonymous Zach said...

Congrats Duane. We really need to take a trip out to snap some pictures sometime.

5:56 PM  
Blogger meghann said...

I'll pay you to snap some pics of my family! Sean is 4 months old and we still haven't gotten around to getting a family portrait done.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

I'd love to!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home