duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, February 18, 2006

The story I mentioned before about the Monett Rural Fire Department is still under my skin. The picture at left isn't of the actual incident (I took this one from a flickr photostream) but gives me a good visual as what the firefighters might have been doing while a man fought a fire to save his property by himself. I imagine though the Monett fire fighters would have been eating popcorn and junior mints.

What's more irritating is while there are now 65 Google News Stories regarding the incident, they're all a rehashing of the same original news release. I want to hear more from Mr. Bibaldo. I want to know how often the Monett Rural Fire Department responds to fires and what percentage of those are fires are to "members" and "non-members." I'm curious how many times they've opted to break the policy (if ever), which they're staunchly defending, to not help non-members.

According to the original story in the News-Leader, Ryan Slight contributed. I'll be e-mailing him my thoughts, asking him to look into it further, as I'm sure any good reporter is already doing.

Technorati tags: ,


3 Comments:

Blogger meghann said...

You need your own column in the newsleader, like Sarah Overstreet. Seriously.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

That'd be too much pressure... And that's what the blog's for! :) I can rant without an editor!

6:14 PM  
Blogger meghann said...

lol, true. there's already enough pressure being a 'WAAM', having 4 dogs, and getting to the end of the honey-do list :)

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home