duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, January 23, 2006

I finally finished our little kitchen make-over, well for the most part. One more trip to Lowe's is in my future to return an un-used can of enamel, get two more drawer pulls, get some new recepticle face plates, and get some gray caulk for where the backsplash meets the counter.

Here's were this project started a couple months ago (please excuse the mess).

kitchen before

And another shot.
kitchen before

The plan overall:


  • replace the dishwasher

  • replace the countertop

  • remove all the cabinet doors and hardware

  • sand down and fill the holes from the old hardware (then sand some more)

  • use an airless sprayer on the doors and drawers to get a nice smooth finish with a bright white enamel

  • paint the cabinet frames with the white enamel

  • add new brushed metal hardware to match the fridge and new dishwasher



With a little help painting from Suey (the white on her head is not a natural marking)...

Painted Suey

We have the finished product:



PS, many many thanks to my buddy Timmo for all the help!

Technorati tags: ,


6 Comments:

Anonymous gay said...

Looks good! Do you hire out?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

Just slave labor! My buddy Tim is a builder, he helps me with the parts I can't do. Which in this case was replace the counter top. Jennifer and I sanded, filled, painted, and hung the doors. I also had to do a little plumbing when I pulled the fridge out I put a kink in the water line, so I had to fix that in the processes.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Rev.Vapor said...

Looks great!

11:41 PM  
Blogger meghann said...

another renovation success by you two!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

Yup! Next up is the floor and possibly the oven. :)

9:30 PM  
Anonymous briket said...

looks great! next stop - your sister's house!! ;o)

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home