I finally finished our little kitchen make-over, well for the most part. One more trip to Lowe's is in my future to return an un-used can of enamel, get two more drawer pulls, get some new recepticle face plates, and get some gray caulk for where the backsplash meets the counter.
Here's were this project started a couple months ago (please excuse the mess).
And another shot.
The plan overall:
- replace the dishwasher
- replace the countertop
- remove all the cabinet doors and hardware
- sand down and fill the holes from the old hardware (then sand some more)
- use an airless sprayer on the doors and drawers to get a nice smooth finish with a bright white enamel
- paint the cabinet frames with the white enamel
- add new brushed metal hardware to match the fridge and new dishwasher
With a little help painting from Suey (the white on her head is not a natural marking)...
We have the finished product:
PS, many many thanks to my buddy Timmo for all the help!
Technorati tags: DIY, home improvement