duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I'm slowly chipping away at my excuses for not biking to work. I purchased on ebay a used Raleigh SC30 comfort bike. After a bit of tweaking it rides like a dream (compared to my old wal-mart bike). Here's the stock photo of it, and really it's pretty close to new condition.



Left on the excuse list:
I need a way to carry my lunch, laptop, clothes, etc. A rear rack and pannier system is in order and I'm doing a bit of research.
I need a few other necessaties, water bottle, bike pump, basic tools.

So my goal is to start riding my bike at least once a week to work. Completely do-able I believe.


Technorati tags: ,


3 Comments:

Blogger meghann said...

maybe when the cooler weather returns? the high of 85 today was not suitable to bike riding to work!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Hal said...

But isn't this plan going to have to be put on hold in a month or two when it starts getting freakishly cold in the morning and evening (and day, for that matter)? I don't think I could stand biking to work in 30 degree weather.

I'd love to bike to work myself (especially since I finally have a bike; a very cheap one, but it's a bike), but I'm thinking that the I-44/Highway 65 interchange might be a bit death-inducing for me.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

It's in the 50's in the morning when i would be riding to work. The evening may be a little warm, but it's not too bad. Ideally I'd like to get to the point where I would ride all the time! There are lots of people who ride through winter and live further north than we do.

Yeah, the I-44/65 interchange is no place for a bicycle!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home