duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, October 22, 2005

I finally made a practice commute to work. I ran into a friend and talked for a few minutes on the way to work, total travel time was about 30 mins. It took me a little over 45 mins on the way back, I wasn't riding as hard and I made a wrong turn and had to back track a little bit. I did feel a little safer on the way back, I didn't spend as much time on "major" secondary streets. On the way up I chose to go up Barnes from Bennett to Catalpa. It's pretty narrow there and it's difficult for a driver to see over the train tracks so I think I'll pass on that route from now on.

I'm exicted I made it this far. One more step closer to becomming a real bike commuter. My ears did get a little cold though and it's not that cold today (high of 61 degrees). I'll need to wear something over my ears as the temps get cooler. I also still need to get a few more things, namely a good bike pump, some patch kits, and a pannier (or two) to carry it all in (along with my laptop and clothes).

Technorati tags: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Hal said...

This was nearly perfect weather for a bike ride. You picked a great day to test out the route!

7:48 PM  
Blogger meghann said...

geez! hal is such a suckup! ;P

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home