duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, October 21, 2005

Continuing coverage of the downtown brawl/riot by Ron Davis can be found at CHATTER: RACIAL, OR RACIST? He's got links also to the Springfield News-Leader's sound-off board. Quite a hot topic it seems.

Ron asks me in my previous post:

What do you predict as the end result of this mess?


It seems a lot to take in. We've got people playing the race card, of course. As Ron points out, an issue can be racial without racism. Unfortunately, I don't have a well-formed/thought-out solution or commentary. I'm still taking it all in. I know we've got a few idiots ruining the "fun" for everyone. I as one person posted on the news leader blog, perhaps "riot" was not the appropriate term for an event that resulted in the arrests of 4 people. I understand investigations may be pending, so maybe there will be more arrests...

Technorati tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home