duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I just read a new News Leader blog the "Communting Challenge" [via the springfieldian]where some reporters are parking their cars an exploring mass transit, biking, and walking Springfield.

I'm seriously considering trying out the Springfield bus system... It'd be like living in a real city! Except with hillbillies on the bus instead of urbanites. :)

Update: The Springfield City Utilities Website (responsible for busses) doesn't work right in Firefox... grr... And the interactive bus route map requires a plug-in that only works in IE! Dang it!

Update 2: I just called CU to help try and plan out my route to work. I live in the Brentwood area and work at Chestnut and 65. I would need to catch a 6:30 bus going north on Glenstone and make 2 transfers(one at Cherry and Glenstone, and another at the North Town Mall), then depart the bus at Bellcrest and Chestnut and walk a third of a mile to get to work before 8:00. I asked if riding a bike to other bus stops would make it easier but he said this was the easiest way. I don't mind the walking, but two transers and an hour and a half to make a trip that normally takes me 15 mins makes it slightly hard to justify.


3 Comments:

Blogger meghann said...

wow, so do the buses only go to wal-mart and other shopping centers with regularity?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

They hit hundreds of stops in Springfield with regularity, just none in the order I need them to be for real convience. I'm still considering trying it.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

This is why most people don't use the public transportation. I suppose unless gas prices go even higher no one is going to make any effort to change.

Go Duane.

When the bus comes out to Strafford... hA! who am I kidding.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home