duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Here's an open suggestion to CU to improve the bus system. Add a "belt-line" route or series of routes to connect the outskirts of the city to interior pick-up points. Perhaps even some parking lots at major entry points to the city for the daily commuters. The map below is from the CU site, the green shaded area is a 1500-foot "covereage area" of the bus routes. By adding the belt-line routes (my shading in red) you can effectively connect lots more points in the city.


2 Comments:

Blogger aleah marie said...

I think this is great. There was a time when I was trying to use public transit more and my vehicle less. But the bus system was just so inconvenient I couldn't stick it out. I would love to see more routes, further coverage, and more buses out there. I'd support a tax levy to that effect, to boot.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

I'd support it with more tax money too... I'm just not seeing it as a real viable option the way it currently stands.

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home