duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, August 28, 2005

And from the nut house archives, a church congregation continues to protest at soilder's funerals chanting "God hates fags."

"What does this have to do with a soldiers funeral" you might ask. The group claims that God is punishing our country for harboring homosexuals. <sarcasm>Logical thought process, right?</sarcasm> This Yahoo! news article recounts their most recent protest.

This group recently came to Springfield and basically blackmailed the local talk radio station, KSGF into air time. The radio station opted to give in to the demands versus having them protest at a funeral for a fallen solider here in Springfield. I e-mailed the program director and host of the morning show, Vince Jericho, my thoughts:

I very much regret that I had to go into the office
this morning and couldn't finish the last hour of your
show with Mr. Phelps as your guest (my office has
metal walls and I can't get a reception). I
appreciate what you did to spare the family of that
fallen soilder the unnecessary grief that would have
been caused by Mr. Phelps presence.

However, after listening to Mr. Phelps spout Scripture
that support his hate-mongering views I'm reminded of
Imams spouting similar drivel as quoted from the
Koran. Mr. Phelps' exteremist views make him no
better than Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi.

In fact, the two are so much alike in their hatred of
our great country that perhaps his church should spend
a little more money on plane tickets and get a one way
ticket to Baghdad International Airport. Surley
Zarqawi could use Mr. Phelps' assistance in preaching
hatred and can foot the taxi ride to Fallujah.


3 Comments:

Blogger meghann said...

you came into work on Sunday? hope you get some comp time for that....oh wait..you're not here today! hehe

8:38 AM  
Blogger Rev.Vapor said...

What is the deal!? You have this guy preaching hate of "fags." Then you have Pat Robertson promoting the assassination of the venezualan president. These people call themselves Christians? I hope most Christians are thinking "Get off my side!" I have read enough of their book to know they should be appalled by this behavior.

Ah! What a wonderful combination... the first ammendment, broadcast technology, religion, and a self-righteous, self-centered, perverted view of the world.

It's only Monday morning and already I am thinking to myself "Who needs a drink?"

9:25 AM  
Blogger Duane Keys said...

Work on sunday? eh?

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home