duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I found out the time to watch movies is on a Tuesday morning. I met up with a buddy of mine and watched Star Wars Episode III at the Springfield 8 during a bit of an extended lunch hour. There was one other person in the theater besides us! I've been avoiding theaters for some time now, mostly because I bought a big screen, but also because I hate the crowds. Now I know when to go. And I'll continue to go to the Springfield 8 over the Campbell 16, as the seats are much more comfortable.

I did some fishing this weekend with Timmo, we started at Springfield Lake and ended up at the Joe Crighton Access area to the James river off of Battlefield Road (East of Blackman road). While looking for information on other areas to fish I found a neat interactive map of Missouri Conservation sites. Tim and I didn't come away with any fish but I did happen to find my GPS unit stashed away in my tackle box. I thought I had left it in Colorado Springs on my last trip there. Now I'm going to get back into some geocaching, and it looks like the Springfield area has quite an active group of folks into the "sport." For those not familiar (via the geocaching.com faq):

What is Geocaching?

Geocaching is an entertaining adventure game for gps users. Participating in a cache hunt is a good way to take advantage of the wonderful features and capability of a gps unit. The basic idea is to have individuals and organizations set up caches all over the world and share the locations of these caches on the internet. GPS users can then use the location coordinates to find the caches. Once found, a cache may provide the visitor with a wide variety of rewards. All the visitor is asked to do is if they get something they should try to leave something for the cache.


It's a great excuse to be outside and enjoy the weather.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home