duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Softball loss and a trainwreck?

We lost our softball game last night. It was a tough one. We played well offensively but defensively had some difficulties (for example, I got burned in left field 3 times and dropped and easy fly ball). I also learned while attempting to slide into third that wet clay tends to make you stick versus slide. My head first slide into third ended up with me crawling to the bag.

This morning on the way to work a sign said Chestnut closed at 65 use alternate route. I exited Chestnut to find just a police baracade just west of our office building blocking the train tracks. I understand a car was hit by a train or something, I haven't been able to find a web-based news source yet.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever find anything out about the car that got smashed?

-Dan

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was an 18 year old kid who tried to beat the train at 3 AM. He lost...

dk

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home