duanekeys. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Doesn't do much good to have a blog if you don't blog, eh?

The holiday season has past and I still feel like I need more time off. My wife and I had a good holiday this year, we promised each other not to go overboard on gifts for each other but it's fun to do so. I got her some diamond earrings, a really nice Wusthof cutlery set, a new Shimano reel, some snow boots, and a few books. I'm pretty proud of my selection of gifts for her this year, I think she really liked all her gifts (maybe she'll post a comment and let everyone know).

Jennifer got me some awesome gifts this year as well one of which is an Xbox. I think it's a double-edged sword for her though; she's happy to see me happy but doesn't like how much time it's taking. Lately I've not been sleeping well. She says I've been kicking and flopping around in bed. She suspects it has to do with my addiction to the Xbox game Splinter Cell. She may be right.

I got many other cool gifts, such as the Indiana Jones Trilogy on DVD, Pirates of the Caribbean, Catch Me If you can, and some other movies. Jennifer gave me some much needed clothes and lots of other things I can't think of right now.

This year was one of the first years I can remember that I was able to buy presents for my dad that he'll actually use. We got him a portable DVD player, a Craftsman toolchest, and a chop saw. Of course that inevitably lead to my helping him straighten and organize his garage this past weekend (which still needs work). My mom, is still impossible to shop for, but she loved on particular gift we got her. She cried when she opened the picture frame full of pictures of Jennifer and I. It'll be tough to top that one.

Bridget, Stephen, and Alex were all pleased with their gifts as well. Stephen needs to be practicing Madden 2004 on his Xbox so we can go head to head!

Well enough about the holidays, work has been interesting lately to say the least. A
friend of mine is leaving the company at the end of the week which makes my promotion to Team Leader slightly more challenging. It's a bitter sweet feeling, as I'm happy that he'll be happy but if you're reading this Vapor I hate your guts for screwing me into all this work... er, I mean... yeah... ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home